Christian Blinkies

Followers

Monday, April 14, 2014

Gate Fold Boxed mini album

Paper Hoarder Disorder has done it again!!!  This is her pattern for her wonderful Gate Fold book that is available at her Etsy shop.  It was a really fun project to work on. 
 I chose to use Graphic 45s new Bontanical Tea papers for this album.  I am so loving working with this paper.  I had got the new G45 collections in the mail a couple of days before I got the pattern so it just seemed it was meant to be!  lol  Anyway, this is the top of the box with a close up of one of the flower sprays.  I titled it "Cherish" as I feel these papers just make you want to cherish whatever you add to it!  I, of course, stickled everything.  The flowers come from my stash.  The little pink and white sprigs are from the cake decorating section from Michael's  The pearl swirls are from Want2Scrap and were purchased  when I went to Expo last month.
 I had purchased several different locks and latches from eBay last month and decided I might as well add one here so this is the one that worked best for this box.
Upon opening the box, you will see that papes are attached to each fold down side.  I decided to do this one mirror image.  I want to create another one where one side is baby girl and the other baby boy.  It has six full pages on each side (so 12 individual on each side) so would work great for baby's first year.

For the first pages I used some of the punch out flowers from the G45 collection.  I did add tiny roses to the centers and, of course stickles.  The leaves are a MS punch.  There are two pockets on this page that each holds a little tag booklet.  The bird charms are from Michael's.

Since this album was made mirror image, I will just show one set of pages and you can imagine the opposite effect for the other side.  lol
I tried to make this album very interactive so lots of pull out tags and pockets and such.  On this set I used some of the banners from the punch outs to create little fans and stuffed them in the pocket.  The pocket lifts up to reveal another pocket with a little three page tag pull out. I used little flat backed pearls to add dimension to this page.  The rose on the pocket was fussy cut and then topped with glossy accents.  The second page pocket has two tags from the collection and an envelope made from one of my old sizzix dies.  It contains a little pull out tag.





The next set of pages are very simple.....nothing too fancy at all.  The first page contains a tri fold opening held shut with magnets.  The metal corners and metal finishings are from eBay.  The butterfly is from a MS punch with a layer or stickles and then a layer of glossy accents.  The leaves are from another MS punch.  A little stickles and this set is done.



The next set of pages are scraplifts from different creations off  Pinterest.  I saw the fold out album as a mini album itself on Pinterest and thought it would just be kind of different added to a page.  As you can see it opens as a tri fold with the top housing a silly little tag.  The second page is really simple with a door effect.  The flowers on this page are silk ones from Micheal's.  I  pulled them off their stems and added a little stickles along with a flat backed pearl for a center.  The metal decoration on the first page is from eBay but I added a center that came from Micheal's.  It was actually a thumb tack item as well as the "Family" piece on the door.  I removed the pin parts and they worked really good, I think.






The next set of pages were a little bit of experimenting.  I bought some embossible window plastic from JoAnn's and just had to play a bit.  I embossed it and then scored it to fold and make the clear pocket.  You cannot see the embossing very well so was a bit dissappointed in the finished look.  I used a very narrow edge off a EK Success punch across the top and added tiny pearls.   Said pocket holds a fold out mini album which contains a little pocket of it's own holding two little stamp stickers from the collection. .  On the second page is a pocket containing two more tags from the G45 collection.  The tiny banner is also made from punch outs  from the collection.






The last pair of page sets is again more pockets and foldouts!  The first page consists of two pockets holding little fold out tags.  I used a MS punch for the heart borders and added pearls.  The tag tabs and the stamps are stickers for the G45 collection.  The pull out on the second page is a mini fold out that I also got from Pinterest.  I used a Nestie die to cut the flap front.  The pearl border was another purchase from Expo.  And, once again finished it off with a little stickles.  I created the pocket out of paper from the collection.








The final page is still another pocket page with a tri-fold mini pull out.  I used a border die on the pocket from Magnolia.  The leaf die is from a new die I bought at Expo from Heartfelt Creations.  They have some wonderful dies!


I left the bottom and the inside of the lid plain as I thought they could showcase a 5x7 photo if you desired.



Each page is a pocket page and contains fold outs.  I use a glass accent that I had glued to paper and fussy cut around for the pulls.  I really like how they turned out.


Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting my blog.  May God always be with each of you and hold you close.

Challenges:

My Craft Creations-anything goes

My Craft Spot- tags and/or banners

613 Avenue-anything goes with option to recycle

Challenges 4 Everybody- anything goes

Corrosive- pastels

Suzy Bees-anything goes

Crafty Hands- anything goes

Scrapping for fun-anything goes

Craft My Life-anything goes

Pause, Dream, Enjoy- 3D

Aurora Wings-anything goes





80 comments:

  1. This is an adorable Design, thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge we would love you to join in with us again next week for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge Blog
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a labour of love! Each page is simply beautiful! What a wonderful design and such gorgeous papers! Your inking is fabulous too!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY, Moshie! What a fabulous piece of work. I can't even begin to imagine all the work that went into this. A total surprise and delight on every page. Thanks so much for joining our very first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just freakin' amazing, incredible, gorgeous, unbelievable! I love it! Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy.
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness- I don't even know where to begin! This is a stunning work of art. The details are just exquisite - the colors and patterns are gorgeous and the design is amazing! Beautiful, beautiful work ♥
    Thanks so much for playing along with our "Tags and Banners" Challenge this week at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a masterpiece of work. The detail are so beautiful. Great work!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hands Challenge.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZERS!!!! This is so incredibly beautiful! The papers are so pretty and all the embellishments totally look amazing! What stunning work and the details are fabulous!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow amazing fab gorgeous! I cannot even begin to guess how many hours of love went into this project! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous project, so well crafted. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 24: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beyond amazing!
    Such a great link up! Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Jackie dt @ Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can we say Wow! How fabulous - so many details and elements. Must have taken you days to complete. Fantastic creation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Moshie, please follow this link.
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.ch/2014/04/winner-and-featured-creations.html
    Thank you
    Rachelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! I mean WOW!!! This is absolutely amazing all the work and the details it just blows my mind! AWESOME!!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fantastic project, a real labour of love. Thank you for sharing it at the my craft creations challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so amazing and so inspirational! I will definitely keep this type of album in mind for one of my upcoming projects!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing it with us and in such detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful! there is so much work gone into this it must of took you ages. Thank you for joining All Crafts Challenge I will look forward to seeing more of your crafts in thee future. Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning. Simply stunning. What a beautiful album, you must be very pleased with how it turned out

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, This is just amazing and so fun! I love Graphic 45 and the album with this paper is just gorgeous.
    Thank for sharing and joining us at All Crafts Challenge.
    Deborah ACC DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Waaaaaaaa trop beau j'adore y a t'il un tuto payant pour pouvoir le faire
    Merci amicalement

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness this is just sensational! These are my favourite papers too so just perfect. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful photos. Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a beautiful work of art I enjoyed looking at every detail of your work on this album, anyone would be glad to own this very creative. Thank you for sharing. Crafts by design Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhhh myyy goodnessssss this album is just stunning!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is by far the most beautifully designed boxed mini that I have seen to date! I am new to box albums, and am trying to create one of these with my own spin on it. Wondering how the box itself was created?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful. I just recently purchased this tutorial and you have absolutely inspired me to finally get started. You did a fabulous job and I love all of the metal! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation! ~ Monica

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW. Love this album! All the details you've added are amazing. I wish the MS punches weren't so hard to find as it seems most of the gorgeous ones are retired. I may have to purchase the tutorial (snuck in from YouTube) as I have the paper. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is just gorgeous! I love everything about this gate fold mini! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG! I had just seen this box offered as a class in another town. I knew I HAD to find that box pattern!!! Couldn't find it online and LO AND BEHOLD, that night as I lay in bed with my phone checking out Pinterest---my bedtime stories, ha!---SOMEONE HAD PINNED YOUR BOX!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing PHD etsy shop! I have constructed 3 boxes since Saturday!! Still have to finish covering 2 and then the embellishments.
    I live in a very rural town with NO shopping what to speak. Could you give me some ideas of where to purchase cutesy hardware like you have on your BEAUTIFUL box!!!
    You did an AWESOME job with it!!! EVERY LITTLE DETAIL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow great, can you tell me how i can make it??? the out site ???

    ReplyDelete
  30. Someone pinned your post which allowed me to find this wonderful creation on your blog. I am a fellow mini album maker and I see so much inspiration in this project. Thank you for sharing your talent! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  31. This project is amazing. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad someone pinned it on Pinterest. Elaine S.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Olala trop trop beau y aurait t'il un tuto
    Merci amitié

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness - this is amazing! Have you done a video tutorial as I'd love to make one!?
    http://lynnseverydayideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutaly stunning and a work of a lifetime! This far out shines other work I have seen and I admire your attention to detail. You are certainly blessed with a wonderful talent!

      Delete
  35. love this...so so beautiful and so many ideas. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so beautiful. Moshie how can I send you a message. I would like to buy the tutorial for the project. Thank you. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  37. Bravo ! C'est magnifique !

    Please tell me where is your inscription to receive yours newsletter.

    Thanks a lot and have a merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing work. I´ll will be back to visit your blog.
    Hugs from Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
  39. VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL KISSE PRETTY

    ReplyDelete
  40. Amazing!!!!! Abrazo desde Argentina! ♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just found your blog quite by accident and think this album is absolutely gorgeous. You must have put hours of work to achieve such a beautiful creation. Do you by any chance have a tutorial on how to make the tri fold mini fold out from the second last page? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  42. this is absolutely uonderful, such creativity, eye for color combinations. justva great delicate uork of art. sorry for mistekes,keyboard is damaged. Nylsa Porro, Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely! Have you ever thought about making this a tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  44. quel album extraordinaire! je découvre ce blog et cet article est à couper le souffle!
    bravo!
    Labosyl (France)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Incredible. As you can see from the dates for these comments, you have created a timeless work of art that keeps getting rediscovered. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I especially like that this all is folded into a box design.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Que trabajos tan excepcionales, finos, delicados una explosión de arte y buen gusto

    ReplyDelete
  47. This album is absolutely amazing. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the tutorial for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, There is no tutorial as to the finish work. I just did it as I went along and I have never done a tutorial and not sure I would even know where to start. The book itself is a pattern by Paper Hoarder Disorder on Etsy

      https://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperHoarderDisorder

      Her patterns are amazing and well worth the $$. It is the Boxed Gate Fold Mini Album.

      Thanks for your wonderful comment. Hugs

      Delete
  48. CC. Cet album est MAGNIFIQUE, SUPERBE.!!!!!!!! Une MERVEILLEUSE réalisation. Certainement beaucoup d'heures pour le réaliser mais quelle récompense lors de sa finition. C'est UNIQUE et je te dis FELICITATIONS pour cette oeuvre. Dommage qu'il n'y ait pas de tutoriel. Car cela aurait été un régal à reproduire.
    BRAVO et MERCI pour nos yeux. Roseline

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is such a beautiful scrapbook album, it sure is a shame you didn't do a video tutorial on YouTube for it. I know a lot of scrapers would LOVE,LOVE,LOVE to see you in action creating your gorgeous album. Thank you for sharing.
    "Happy Crafting"
    Hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  50. I absolutely love this. I wish I had the patience and drive to make something as complex and beautiful as this.

    ReplyDelete
  51. hi... I had made one gatefold box album in vintage theme inspired by your same Scrapbook ..i made 1 year ago... thanks for sharing your Scrapbook...

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is magnificent! Where did you find this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you so much for your compliment. The basic pattern is from Cristi at https://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperHoarderDisorder?ref=l2-shopheader-name I hope this helps. Thanks again for visiting my blog and commenting. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Although just visiting your blog, this album was always one of my all time favorites using my all time best G45 paper! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love most Graphic 45! Fun paper to use on most projects!

      Delete
  55. My goodness me! What stunning album you have created, a true labour of love. You are seriously talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate the time you took to view it as well as comment! May the Lord bless you!

      Delete
  56. That is gorgeous!I feel the need to run out and purchase some chip board for a new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You do need to get some chipboard! This is a very fun project!

      Delete
  57. I am a new be at this would like to know if u have a tutorial on this looks really inspirational

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is from Etsy shop by Paper Hoarder Disorder. I just decorated as I went along but did not follow a pattern other than making the box itself.

      Delete
  58. Una maravilla de proyecto. Habría alguna posibilidad de conseguir los patrones. Me encantaría intentar hacer uno parecido. Muchas gracias por compartirlo

    ReplyDelete
  59. Precioso trabajo . Seria posible obtener los patrones para intentar algo parecido ?
    Muchas gracias por compartirlo

    ReplyDelete
  60. Precioso trabajo. Seria posible obtener los patrones para intentar realizar algo parecido. Muchas gracias por compartirlo

    ReplyDelete
  61. The pattern is from Etsy shop by Paper Hoarder Disorder. I just decorated as I went along but did not follow a pattern other than making the box itself.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Impresionante, menudo trabajo, espectacular y con tus papeles,más.
    Enhorabuena.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Nicely done! The diversity of the interactive pieces of the album are amazing. This album clearly took a lot of thought and it shows in the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Do you happen to have a pattern for you mini gate fold boxed album from April 2014.
    If you are able to sell me the pattern here is my email bjperr2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi is there any chance I could buy the directions for the mini Album you made April 14 2014 My email is bjperr2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete